How to Apply
Use this checklist as a guideline for the application process. The De La Salle application process consists of three phases:
1. Entrance Exam: Applicants may attend either of the dates listed below. Pre-registration is preferred but walk-ins are acceptable.Exam dates: November 23, 2019 or December 7, 2019. All application materials must be received by the day your child is taking the entrance exam and can be mailed, emailed (email@example.com), or brought in on the day of the test. Please fax applications to (212) 316-5998. On the testing day, please plan to arrive by 9 A.M. as the exam begins promptly at 9:30 A.M.
You can register your child for the upcoming entrance exam through our online application by visiting www.ravenna-hub.com , email with your child's name and exam date preferred or call (212) 316-5840.
2. Simulated School Day: Students selected for Phase 2 of the admission process will attend Simulated School Day, and spend half a day at De La Salle Academy.
3. Personal Interview: Students selected for Phase 3 of the admission process will participate in the Interview.
Notifications of acceptance are sent out one month following the personal interviews.
To begin the application process you can chose to do the following:
Online application: De La Salle Academy will be using Ravenna, an online application portal, for our admissions process. To begin your application process online, please visit www.ravenna-hub.com to create an account for your family. Look for De La Salle Academy on the online directory to register and begin your application.
Printable application: (1) Download and Print the Parent Information Letter.
(3)Parent/Guardian completes Form 1A. Form 1B is to be completed by your child.
(4) Submit forms 2A and 2B to your child’s current school. These forms should be accompanied by a copy of the most recent report card and a copy of the latest standardized test scores (e.g. CTBS, SRA, ERB, Reading and Math tests from the Public Schools etc). These forms are to be completed by your child's current school and submitted directly to De La Salle Academy.
(5) All application materials must be received by the entrance exam date and can be mailed, emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or brought in on the day of the test. Please fax applications to (212) 316-5998.
The entrance exam will take place at De La Salle Academy. The area is easily accessed by public transportation. The # 1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, Q, R,and S trains all stop at West 42nd Port Authority.
There is no fee for the examination. On the entrance exam day while the children are testing there will be an information session for parents, teachers or principals who wish to learn more about the school. Current De La Salle students and parents will be on hand to answer your questions. This orientation is an important part of the admissions process, so please plan to attend. The test will take about three hours. If you need additional information about the school or the examination, please email or call us at 212-316-5840.
Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact Vinesha Phillip-Civil, Director of Admission and Recruitment by emailing , or by calling (212) 316-5840.