Our New Home: Securing Our Students' Future
In 2013, after thirty years on the Upper West Side, De La Salle seized the opportunity to lease and renovate the former Holy Cross School, a six-story building on West 43rd Street, easily accessible by subway to students across the city. Major structural changes and safety improvements were required to create a haven for learning in the 21st century. After a thorough modernization and renovation, the De La Salle community moved in during August 2014.
Our new building – in fact, dating to 1888 – now provides an additional three classrooms, two fully-equipped science labs, a dedicated art room, a spacious library offering quiet study space, a cafeteria, and a multi-purpose commons area that is the heart of the school. The setting may be new, but the school’s sense of community is unchanged.
De La Salle’s dedicated Board of Trustees, institutional supporters and major donors rallied to make this transformation and relocation possible. With their generous help, De La Salle raised more than $2.6 million to renovate the building, to date. Several companies and professionals donated over $500,000 in goods and services for the renovation project.
Our sincere thanks to all those who supported our fundraising campaign! Your generosity is changing lives each day.